More than another starter theme
What you get:
- Minimum configuration. Get up and running in less than five minutes.
- Pre-configured Gulp 4
- Full integration with VS Code.
- Full support for CSS custom properties (variables), Sass, and ES2015.
- Automated code linting to WordPress Coding Standards with ESLint and PHPCS.
- Streamlined workflow with BrowserSync.
- Seamless integration with most standard development environments.
A community project supported by LinkedIn Learning
WP Rig was built by Morten Rand-Hendriksen, a long term WordPress contributor and Senior Staff Instructor at LinkedIn Learning, in collaboration with XWP, Google, and other members of the WordPress community. To show its commitment to the WordPress community, LinkedIn Learning donated Morten’s time to develop WP Rig and is releasing a 100% free course called WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig in English, Spanish, German, and French.
WP Rig is a community project in the truest sense of the term. It is not owned or branded by any company, nor beholden to a company goal or ideology. The purpose and goal of WP Rig is to provide the WordPress community with a theme development rig that puts accessibility, performance, and modern best practices in the front seat to the benefit of the end-user and the web as a whole.
Your contributions welcome!
WP Rig is for the people who build WordPress themes by the people who build WordPress themes. That means you! To make WP Rig a tool everyone can use to build better more performant WordPress themes, we need your help. So take it for a spin, see how it works with your process, and provide feedback, submit issues, and create pull requests.